Re: Several Perl Questions - Nov. 5, 2013

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Charlton Wilbur, Nov 11, 2013.

  1. >>>>> "HL" == Henry Law <> writes:

    HL> (This has to be by far the worst Perl code I've ever seen in my
    HL> life).

    One: Despite Ben Morrow's correction to my statement that Perl does math
    as fast as it can (which I recognize as not so much incorrect as
    insufficiently qualified, but Ben can't be expected to know the caveats
    I meant to write) my experience with EDG and his code in the past leads
    me to believe, first, that there are orders of magnitude of improvement
    available without leaving Perl and, second, that steering him towards
    some kind of solution that integrates C and Perl will only increase his
    frustration and the newsgroup's level of pain.

    Two: if your claim is true, you are a fortunate man indeed.

    Charlton

    --
    Charlton Wilbur

    Charlton Wilbur, Nov 11, 2013