Re: SFTP

Discussion in 'Python' started by Martin Franklin, Jun 3, 2005.

  1. Kornfeld Rick (sys1rak) wrote:
    > Good Morning
    >
    > I have scoured the internet looking for an Python SFTP API. So far, I
    > have been unable to find a suitable answer. Our needs are pretty basic.
    > FTP & TELNET are being removed from our environment and I need to
    > utilize SFTP for file transfers.
    >
    > As is probably said often, I am new to Python (love it) and need a
    > solution that provides adequate examples and documentation. I am hoping
    > for an open source answer, however, I am not ruling out having to
    > purchase something.
    >
    > Can anyone shed some light on this for me ?

    Strange the second hit on a google for python sftp was this:-

    http://www.lag.net/paramiko/

    I also implemented (using pexpect) a very basic 'interface' to command
    line sftp)

    http://pexpect.sourceforge.net/

    pexpect is *nix only (as far as I know)

    both of these come with simple to follow examples...

    Martin.

    Martin Franklin, Jun 3, 2005