Re: Sharing code between different projects?

Discussion in 'Python' started by andrea crotti, Aug 16, 2012.

  1. 2012/8/16 Jean-Michel Pichavant <>:

    > SVN allows to define external dependencies, where one repository will
    > actually checkout another one at a specific version. If SVN does it, I guess
    > any decent SCM also provide such feature.
    >
    > Assuming our project is named 'common', and you have 2 projects A and B :

    > - common@rev1

    > - common@rev2
    >
    > Project A references the lib as "A.common", B as "B.common". You need to be
    > extra carefull to never reference common as 'common' in any place.
    >
    > JM

    Unfortunately I think you guess wrong
    http://forums.perforce.com/index.php?/topic/553-perforce-svnexternals-equivalent/
    Anyway with views and similar things is not that hard to implement the
    same thing..

    andrea crotti, Aug 16, 2012