Re: Should I use RMI?

Discussion in 'Java' started by Linus Nikander, Jun 27, 2003.

  1. Not an answer to you question but a piece of advice:

    If you keep object instatiation on the server you'll be in control of the
    game rules because you'll be able to implement checks at the server that
    decides if an action is legal or not. If you allow the clients to instatiate
    their own objects then any reasonably competent programmer could make their
    own client which doesn't abide by the rules you originally intended and thus
    cheat...

    I.e if you wan't to make a more secure game then client objects are out of
    the question. If RMI is the right man for the job i'll leave for someone
    else to answer.

    //Linus

    Linus Nikander, Jun 27, 2003