Re: Showing my ignorance of VHDL again...

Discussion in 'VHDL' started by Rienk van der Scheer, Aug 4, 2003.

  1. rickman wrote:
    > Here is my wait statement...
    >
    > wait until ARM_Bus_Start or rising_edge(Reset);
    >
    > If ARM_Bus_Start is already set when this executes, the process hangs
    > here.
    >
    > I am using ModelSim XE II/Starter 5.6e.

    Suggestion:

    if (ARM_Bus_Start) then
    -- continue immediately
    else
    -- note: removed rising_edge because it is implied in the 'wait until'
    wait until ARM_Bus_Start or Reset;
    endif;

    Your problem is that you should remember that a wait statement in VHDL
    will always wait for some event. In your situation, you don't want to
    wait at all when the condition is already met.

    Regards,

    Rienk

    Rienk van der Scheer, Aug 4, 2003