Re: signal BUS (invalid address alignment)

Discussion in 'C++' started by Artie Gold, Aug 21, 2003.

  1. Artie Gold

    Artie Gold Guest

    Suresh wrote:
    > Hi there,
    >
    > My C++ program crashes with "signal BUS (invalid address alignment)" at
    > random places. Does anyone know what this could mean ? What is the cause of
    > signal BUS ?

    Impossible to tell without seeing the code (my crystal ball is in the
    shop), but my best guess would be that you're somehow messing up your
    memory
    allocation/deallocation.

    Are you, perchance, using C-style strings as opposed to std:string?

    Are you calling `delete' on an already deleted pointer somewhere?

    Of course, it _could_ be a hardware problem, but I'd look at the
    previous possibilities first.

    HTH,
    --ag

    BTW - providing more information would be helpful in getting you a
    better answer.

    --
    Artie Gold -- Austin, Texas

    Artie Gold, Aug 21, 2003