Re: simple text parser?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Michael Peuser, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. This is a little bit confusing.
    (1) Do you want to dump "internal" data? Of course you cannnot expect those
    data to be portabel between Python and C#!!!

    (2) Do you have your data already converted to some standard ASCII format?
    Then just write it into a textfile!

    (3) Do you have a very special structure in mind to be serialized (i.e. list
    of string - integer tuples; an "array of structs of a row of char and an
    int" as you would say in C ;-))? Then you probably should store it in XML.
    Lots of tools with Python, probably as many in C#

    Kindly
    Michael P

    "Brandon J. Van Every" <> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I'm making a 2D game with a simple "adjacent freeform territories" map. I
    > need to make save files for this. I figure I could store the data in

    either
    > binary or text. The amount of data to be stored should be small enough

    that
    > efficiency and size do not matter. What does matter, is I don't want to
    > spend any time at all on this. I want something off-the-shelf.
    >
    > Can anyone recommend simple text parsers implemented in Python?
    >
    > Alternately, doesn't Python have some kind of automagical serialization
    > pack/unpack functionality? How does that work? I remember reading
    > something about that in the Python docs awhile ago. Before you scream

    RTFM,

    /

    Michael Peuser, Aug 17, 2003