RE: SimpleXMLRPCServer

Discussion in 'Python' started by whitekid, Jan 16, 2004.

  1. whitekid

    whitekid Guest

    SimpleXMLRPCServer.py is Just Simple!

    A few days age. I considered XMLRPC framework for our service.
    But finally I choose WebWare.

    Read paper below: http://webware.sourceforge.net/Papers/IntroToWebware.html

    whitekid, Jan 16, 2004

  2. whitekid

    Maxim Khesin Guest

    whitekid wrote:

    > SimpleXMLRPCServer.py is Just Simple!
    >
    > A few days age. I considered XMLRPC framework for our service.
    > But finally I choose WebWare.
    >
    > Read paper below: http://webware.sourceforge.net/Papers/IntroToWebware.html

    Ok, but I am interested in the XML-RPC protocotl, so how is webware
    supposed to help me?
    Maxim Khesin, Jan 16, 2004

  3. Maxim Khesin wrote:

    > whitekid wrote:
    >
    >> SimpleXMLRPCServer.py is Just Simple!
    >>
    >> A few days age. I considered XMLRPC framework for our service.
    >> But finally I choose WebWare.
    >>
    >> Read paper below:
    >> http://webware.sourceforge.net/Papers/IntroToWebware.html

    > Ok, but I am interested in the XML-RPC protocotl, so how is webware
    > supposed to help me?

    Actually, Webware contains a WebKit.XMLRPCServlet class that lets you define
    your xml services.
    Stephan Diehl, Jan 16, 2004
  4. whitekid

    The Jetman Guest

    Maxim Khesin <> wrote in message news:<WFSNb.80288$>...
    > whitekid wrote:
    >
    > > SimpleXMLRPCServer.py is Just Simple!
    > >
    > > A few days age. I considered XMLRPC framework for our service.
    > > But finally I choose WebWare.
    > >
    > > Read paper below: http://webware.sourceforge.net/Papers/IntroToWebware.html

    > Ok, but I am interested in the XML-RPC protocotl, so how is webware
    > supposed to help me?

    Maxim: Are you interested in something straight fwd and lightweight
    for RPC (the part of the thread I could read didn't cover this) ? Then,
    XMLRPC is great, not nec better than anything else, just great (of
    the quick-and-dirty variety.)

    I just rolled out my own SysProxy for FreeBSD, on behalf of Windows. I
    had it running in a day or so and it's great. Essentially, it executes
    FBSD cmds/Python subroutines on behalf of a Windows client (an Access
    program.)

    I will definitely extend and use it (SysProxy) into the future. Later....Jet
    The Jetman, Jan 16, 2004