Re: Single login/logout for two different websites: How?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gregory A. Beamer, Jan 15, 2009.

  1. You can do it, to an extent (some caveats).

    First you have to set up your machine keys so both sites us the same tokens
    (web.config)
    Next you set the cookie name to the same name (web.config)
    Caveat: Cannot share session information, so you have to persist this off

    I am probably missing a step in the above process, but that is the basics of
    it. If you need to share session information, you have to persist it to a
    store that both sites are configured to use.

    I am imagine you can also kludge up the ASP.NET session, but I think that is
    risky.

    Perhaps with Geneva you can share tokens and end up witha really nice
    single sign on. You can do the same with other token paradigms (Kerberos,
    etc.).

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP: MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA