Re-sizing problem with my web-page

reachmano

Hello everyone:

When I view my web-page on different computers, I am having trouble
with re-sizing the screen on some of them. Was wondering what should be
done differently to take care of the resizing problem with the screen?

My banner images are not getting resized to the page.

Here is the sample of my code:

<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">
<head>
<title> Testing my website- Home Page </title>
</head>
<frameset rows = "30%,*" border = "5" >
<frame name="banner" src ="homepagebanner.html" bordercolor = yellow
scrolling ="no" >
<frameset cols="15%,*" border = "5">
<frame name ="sidebar" src ="sidebar.html" bordercolor = yellow
scrolling = "no">
<frame name = "main" src = "main.html" >
</frameset>
</frameset>

Thanks in advance....

Evertjan.

wrote on 30 nov 2006 in comp.lang.javascript:
Hello everyone:

When I view my web-page on different computers, I am having trouble
with re-sizing the screen on some of them. Was wondering what should be
done differently to take care of the resizing problem with the screen?

Resizing a screen can only be done by exchanging the monitor, methinks,
so perhaps you could refrase?
My banner images are not getting resized to the page.

Images cannot be displayed on a framespage as you show below.
Here is the sample of my code:

<!DOCTYPE html
PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Frameset//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-frameset.dtd">
<head>
<title> Testing my website- Home Page </title>
</head>
<frameset rows = "30%,*" border = "5" >
<frame name="banner" src ="homepagebanner.html" bordercolor = yellow
scrolling ="no" >
<frameset cols="15%,*" border = "5">
<frame name ="sidebar" src ="sidebar.html" bordercolor = yellow
scrolling = "no">
<frame name = "main" src = "main.html" >
</frameset>
</frameset>

I see no javascript here.
This NG is for javascript questios.
Perhaps you better ask in an html ng?

Daz

[...]

I think that screen resolution might be the answer to your question,
unless I am misunderstanding your question.

In my humble opinion, it's often best to design your website using
absolute dimensions, and assuming that the user has a 800x600 monitor
resolution. If you use absolute dimensions, then you banners should fit
into the frame no matter what.

I think this could be the root of your problem.

If this is not any help, (which I suspect), please could you be more
specific, and perhaps give us a URL where we can see the problem
ourselves?

ASM

(e-mail address removed) a écrit :
Hello everyone:

When I view my web-page on different computers, I am having trouble
with re-sizing the screen on some of them.

You know that browser can be configured to do not accept resizing ?
Was wondering what should be
done differently to take care of the resizing problem with the screen?

My banner images are not getting resized to the page.

???

1) you did fix your banner area in % why ?
couldn't you fix it in px ?
(hight of your image in "homepagebanner.html")

2) you don't give the code of "homepagebanner.html"
how can we help about the size of this banner image(s) ?