Re: Slow post-backs in ASP.NET

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by bruce barker, Jan 14, 2009.

  1. bruce barker

    bruce barker Guest

    reducing viewstate always helps (i always turn it off). if you have a
    lot of tables it might be IE rendering (its slow). try firefox or safari
    to test rendering speed. firefox has dev tools that will show the
    download bandwidth and caching. safari on the mac also has good tools
    for this.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Jan 14, 2009

  2. "bruce barker" <> wrote in message
    > reducing viewstate always helps (i always turn it off). if you have a lot
    > of tables it might be IE rendering (its slow). try firefox or safari to
    > test rendering speed. firefox has dev tools that will show the download
    > bandwidth and caching. safari on the mac also has good tools for this.

    Or use http://www.fiddlertool.com/fiddler/ which is excellent for this sort
    of thing and works with pretty much all http clients.

    Viewstate: why didn't anyone at MS identify that as a shockingly bad idea
    before it got out the door? ;)

    --
    Anthony Jones - MVP ASP/ASP.NET

    Anthony Jones, Jan 15, 2009