Re: Social networks button block

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Doug Miller, Jan 13, 2012.

  1. Doug Miller

    Doug Miller Guest

    Alfred Molon <> wrote in
    news::

    > Where can I find the code to add a button block for social networks with
    > which site visitors can mention or share the pages of my site?
    >
    > To make an example:
    > http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/medizin/0,1518,808786,00.html
    >
    > (the button rowm below the article after "Auf anderen Social Networks
    > posten")

    Perhaps by looking at the code at that URL? Just a thought...

    Doug Miller, Jan 13, 2012

  2. Doug Miller wrote:

    > Alfred Molon wrote:
    >> Where can I find the code to add a button block for social networks
    >> with which site visitors can mention or share the pages of my site?
    >>
    >> To make an example:
    >> http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/medizin/0,1518,808786,00.html
    >>
    >> (the button rowm below the article after "Auf anderen Social Networks
    >> posten")

    > Perhaps by looking at the code at that URL? Just a thought...

    That could be difficult... there is almost 300Kb of JavaScript on that
    page and those social buttons are all buried in it.

    Pages that have the silly Facebook "Like" button on them call up a script
    from Facebook's server that is over 150Kb. See for yourself:
    <http://connect.facebook.net/en_US/all.js>

    And that's how Facebook tracks much of your web travels. I'm sure that if
    you are a Facebook subscriber, *their* cookies are read when you visit
    one of these pages with the Like button and Facebook knows where you go.

    --
    -bts
    -What happened to privacy?

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Jan 13, 2012