Re: socket.error: (32, 'Broken pipe'): need help

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jeremy Jones, Oct 27, 2005.

  1. Jeremy Jones

    Jeremy Jones Guest

    Junhua Deng (AL/EAB) wrote:

    >Hi,
    >I have a simple server-client application with threading. It works fine when both server and client on the same machine, but I get the following error message if the server is on another machine:
    >
    >... ...
    > self.socket.send(outgoingMsg)
    >socket.error: (32, 'Broken pipe')
    >
    >I do not know where to start with?
    >
    >Thanks
    >Junhua

    Can you tell if the recipient actually got any of the data? At what
    point do you get this error? Is the client able to connect to the
    server? Could you extract some more code (connection made, the sender's
    sending code, receiver's receiving code, etc.) so we can see what you're
    doing? Did you happen to tell the server to bind "localhost" or 127.0.0.1?

    - jmj

    Jeremy Jones, Oct 27, 2005