Re: Socket programming urgent help needed

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by Joona I Palaste, Jun 25, 2003.

  1. sridhar <> scribbled the following:
    > Client - Server Interaction:
    >
    > I am sending request to exicute a script from a client
    > machine(solaris 8) to server machine(linux) thru my Client.c and
    > Server.c programs. If i send one connection at a time immediately
    > returns the output. If there more than one request or connection(ie to
    > execute more than one script at a time).. it takes time to return the
    > output. This problem is only in Linux Platform.. It works perfectly in
    > Solaris Environment.I am sending client and server programs as below

    There are no sockets in the C programming language as standard. You will
    have to consult a newsgroup dedicated to your own implementation. For
    Solaris 8 and Linux, I think comp.unix.programmer will do for starters,
    as both OSes are compatible with Unix.

    (snip over 600 lines of Unix-specific source code)

    "The obvious mathematical breakthrough would be development of an easy way to
    factor large prime numbers."
    - Bill Gates

    Joona I Palaste, Jun 25, 2003