Re: SocketServer max connections

Discussion in 'Python' started by Guilherme Polo, Aug 26, 2008.

  1. On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 7:20 AM, Ken Seehart <> wrote:
    > I'm using SocketServer to implement a local server that serves comet
    > long-polling connections.
    >
    > How do I increase the maximum number of open connections? Currently it is
    > limited to about 8 I think. More than that and it seems to block on opening
    > more connections until one of the other connections releases.

    You need to change request_queue_size in your subclass, supposing you
    are directly or indirectly using a tcp server.
    The default is 5, rather low. The first attempt you can do is using
    the socket.SOMAXCONN value, but depending on your system you can set a
    number much higher than that one given by socket.SOMAXCONN.

    > - Ken

    -- Guilherme H. Polo Goncalves
    Guilherme Polo, Aug 26, 2008