Re: software engineer resources available online

Discussion in 'Java' started by Andrew Thompson, Feb 16, 2007.

  1. On Feb 16, 3:15 pm, "murarigarg" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 14, 5:52 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    >
    > > On Feb 14, 11:43 pm, "murarigarg" <> wrote:

    > > >www.multi-posting-spammer.comis..

    > mind your own work

    Oh I do. I also act to 'mind' and protect
    the communities I contribute to, from low-life,
    multi-posting, spamming morons like *you*.

    If you think you have something of value on
    that site, feel free to contribute to these
    groups by *replying* to any posts with a
    relevant link. What you are currently doing
    in dumping your link to a large number of
    groups is no more than your self-centered
    attempt to use these groups for your own ends.

    Stop the multi-posted spam.

    (Note, this has been cross-posted across
    3 groups to which this person, out of a
    yahoo account, has been spamming c.l.j.*
    groups. Search the profile if you are that
    curious about their antics. Follow-ups
    are set to c.l.j.programmer only.)

    Andrew T.

    Andrew Thompson, Feb 16, 2007

  2. Andrew Thompson

    Guest

    On Feb 16, 3:30 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 16, 3:15 pm, "murarigarg" <> wrote:

    > > mind your own work

    > Oh I do. I also act to 'mind' and protect
    > the communities I contribute to, from low-life,
    > multi-posting, spamming morons like *you*.
    >
    > If you think you have something of value on
    > that site, feel free to contribute to these
    > groups by *replying* to any posts with a
    > relevant link. What you are currently doing
    > in dumping your link to a large number of
    > groups is no more than your self-centered
    > attempt to use these groups for your own ends.
    >
    > Stop the multi-posted spam.
    >
    > (Note, this has been cross-posted across
    > 3 groups to which this person, out of a
    > yahoo account, has been spamming c.l.j.*
    > groups. Search the profile if you are that
    > curious about their antics. Follow-ups
    > are set to c.l.j.programmer only.)
    >
    > Andrew T.

    hi
    i had posted these message to the 8 google groups whome i am member.
    by the the way i had design these website for my interest in java. i
    had no intention to earn money these you can see by that i had not
    posted any type of advertisement on my website like adsense.
    i am final B.Tech. final year student making project in "E-mail server
    using JMS , James , JSP ". and it is currently under construction.

    , Feb 16, 2007

  3. On Feb 16, 9:59 pm, "" <> wrote:
    > On Feb 16, 3:30 pm, "Andrew Thompson" <> wrote:

    > > If you think you have something of value on
    > > that site, feel free to contribute to these
    > > groups by *replying* to any posts with a
    > > relevant link.

    > hi

    G'day.

    > i had posted these message to the 8 google groups

    Yes, I noticed.

    What you did by doing that is called
    a multi-post, it is different to a
    cross-post*, which is usually much
    more acceptable, but..

    * If you do not understand the difference,
    please research it.

    >..whome i am member.

    ...'No you are not'. Or more accurately,
    you may have posted messages to those
    groups about your site, but you are not
    (in those messages) actively participating
    in much of the *discussion* that the
    groups are designed for.

    On one of your posts, a person asked
    what 'fresher' meant. Did you even
    realise? To participate in these
    groups would have meant you made a
    reply to that question/discussion.
    Why didn't you reply?

    > by the the way i had design these
    > website for my interest in java. i
    > had no intention to earn money ..

    That is /not/ my primary issue with
    your posts and the content of them.

    I feel that if somebody asks a question
    and you provide a link back to your
    product that does exactly what is
    needed, and the product costs $big,
    that is fine - it is the choice of
    the person asking the question if
    they want it.

    The problem is both that your posts
    - are 'unsolicited' in that we do not
    ask or need to be told every three days
    where your site is, and..
    - that you are multi-posting widely

    >..these you can see by that i had not
    > posted any type of advertisement on my website

    Job ads.

    >..like adsense.

    I used to use Google adsence** on my
    physci site, I had no objections to
    Google throwing up a couple of
    'alternate suggestions' to whatever
    I was saying, and it sure gets
    the pages indexed fast.

    Besides, I figured if people who came
    to my site hated 'in page' ads do much,
    they could use something like Norton to
    actively remove the 'ad' div in the page,
    or disable JS (if they were so vehement
    about it).

    > i am final B.Tech. final year student making project in "E-mail server
    > using JMS , James , JSP ". and it is currently under construction.

    Well now, this is the closest we have
    so far come to having a discussion, but
    I would like to get clear on why the
    current posting strategy you are using