Re: some links underlined; some aren't; why?

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Steve Pugh, Aug 15, 2003.

  1. Steve Pugh

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "_Douglas Bell" <> wrote:

    >In the following code 'snippet'
    >the first hyperlink is underlined and the second one is not.
    >Why??

    > &nbsp;&nbsp; Add Kid... </a>
    > <% IF Session( "Editing" ) THEN %>
    > <% ELSEIF Session("Permissions") = "FULL" _
    > AND Session("Mode") = "MAIN" THEN %>
    > <% END IF %>

    Impossible to tell from the above. For starters there are three links
    in the above though only two of them ever get sent to browser at one
    time, so which one is the first and which one is the second?

    The ASP is irrelevant as the browser which decides whether to
    underline a link or not never sees it. Link underlining is
    uncontrollable in HTML so it's probably something in your stylesheet.
    The actual HTML and CSS received by the browser is what's needed to
    solve this riddle.

    Post the URL.

    Wild guess -
    you have a:link (text-decoration: none} in your CSS but no
    corresponding rule for a:visted. So visited links are not underlined
    and you have just happened to have visited the first link but not the
    second.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>

    Steve Pugh, Aug 15, 2003