Re: Source code for free() lib function

Discussion in 'C Programming' started by E. Robert Tisdale, Jul 3, 2003.

  1. asm_fool wrote:

    > Where can I get the source code for the free() function
    > according to the latest standard?

    You can look at the GNU implementation in

    .../gcc-3.2.2/boehm-gc/malloc.c

    for example.

    http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/

    E. Robert Tisdale, Jul 3, 2003

  2. "E. Robert Tisdale" <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > asm_fool wrote:
    >
    > > Where can I get the source code for the free() function
    > > according to the latest standard?

    > You can look at the GNU implementation in
    >
    > .../gcc-3.2.2/boehm-gc/malloc.c
    >
    > for example.
    >
    > > Any URL reference please.

    > http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/

    This is part of a garbage-collecting malloc implementation. Within
    gcc,
    it is used by default only by the Java runtime. For more details, see

    http://www.hpl.hp.com/personal/Hans_Boehm/gc

    You can find the malloc/free implementation used by glibc (the Linux
    default, written primarily by Doug Lea and Wofram Gloger) at

    http://sources.redhat.com/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/libc/malloc/?cvsroot=glibc

    Hans

    Hans-J. Boehm, Jul 3, 2003