Re: source install of python2.7 and rpm install of cx_Oracle collision

Discussion in 'Python' started by Nils Ruettershoff, Jul 22, 2010.

  1. Hi Jim,

    Jim Qiu wrote:

    [...]
    > I find out that only libpython2.7.a generated when I install
    > python2.7, who can tell me what I need to do ? I want a
    > libpython2.7.so.1.0 generated when

    I've didn't read your complete mail... In addition to the steps I've
    described in my other mail, you need to the "configure" script, that you
    like to have shared libraries.

    So you need to add --enable-shared to your configure call:

    ../configure --prefix=/opt/Python2.7a --enable-shared

    Now you got the shared libraries in the lib folder.

    Cheers,
    Nils

    Nils Ruettershoff, Jul 22, 2010