Re: SP1 and Loss of Postback

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Karl, Sep 3, 2004.

  1. Karl

    Karl Guest

    Sounds like you are missing the aspnet_client files:

    C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\aspnet_client\system_web\1_1_4322

    if you don't have that folder, do

    C:\WINNT\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\aspnet_regiis -i

    Karl

    "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > My pages no longer postback after the install of the .NET Framework SP1. I
    > created a simple page and put one button on it, added some

    response.write()

    Karl, Sep 3, 2004

  2. Karl

    Karl Guest

    dang..posted this one in the wrong thread..

    Jon..Lew Burrus posted a thread shortly after yours called "Submit buttons
    lo longer working after framework sp1"..he solved his own problem..see if
    post-2 helps:

    POST - 1
    Turns out the required field validators were failing, no longer functional,
    for reasons I could not determine. Even when I take out the RFValidator and
    reinsert it, the same thing happens, the button won't
    submit (though the RFValidator Text does not appear). It's sad tto find
    things out like this.

    POST - 2
    I should have known, since sp1 for the framework is a security update....the
    ..js file used by the validators was not readable by the ASPNET user. I
    granted read permission on its folder to ASPNET and now the validators work.

    Karl

    "Jon" <> wrote in message
    > Karl,
    >
    > No, unfortunately this has made absolutely no difference. I have run the
    > aspnet_regiis command and I still have no postbacks after the install of

    ..NET

    Karl, Sep 4, 2004