Re: SQL Server does not exist or access denied.

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by John Toop, Jul 22, 2003.

  1. John Toop

    John Toop Guest

    Hi, I had the same issues. I ended up learning more about SQL that I had
    intended. In the end I discovered that GrocerToGo had not been installed
    somehow. I think the install process had pooped out before it got to that
    part. I found a sql file and ran it through osql (search your pc for *.sql
    and you will find the grocer.sql)

    There's a file that's installed with the quickstart

    C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET
    2003\SDK\v1.1\Samples\Setup\html\ConfigDetails.htm

    is the path on my pc. It outlines how to setup the permissions - how it did
    that.

    I had installed the 1.0 framework and the ConfigDetails.htm was clearer in
    that version that it was in the 1.1 documentation.

    From a dos prompt I was able to type

    osql -S MACHINE223\NetSDK -E

    This gave me a 1> prompt which meant I was connected

    I saw from the 7th line of grocer.sql that the database name was GrocerToGo
    so I tried

    use GrocerToGo
    go

    This initially gave me an error which indicated that the database was not
    installed. I ran the sql through it with the -i switch and then I had to
    setup the permissions again sp_grantlogin and sp_grantdbaccess and
    sp_addrolemember just like in the ConfigDetails.htm file above.

    That solved my issues. I hope it will help you.

    John Toop, Jul 22, 2003