Re: SSH Connection with Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gelonida N, Oct 28, 2012.

  1. Gelonida N

    Gelonida N Guest

    On 10/26/2012 05:22 AM, Jason Friedman wrote:
    >> how can i create a SSH-Connection with python? I have to send some commands
    >> to the remote host and parse their answers.

    > Consider also the sh module:
    > http://amoffat.github.com/sh/tutorials/2-interacting_with_processes.html.

    Just a minor comment: The sh module looks intersting, but it's not
    supported for Windows platforms.

    Please note: I'm not the original poster, so perhaps this is no issue
    for him.

    Gelonida N, Oct 28, 2012

  2. Gelonida N

    Roy Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    Gelonida N <> wrote:

    > The sh module looks intersting, but it's not supported for Windows
    > platforms.

    "The X module looks interesting but it's not supported for Windows" is
    true for many values of X. It's all part of the TCO of using a
    brain-dead operating system.

    Roy Smith, Oct 29, 2012

  3. Gelonida N

    Gelonida N Guest

    On 10/29/2012 02:10 PM, Roy Smith wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > Gelonida N <> wrote:
    >
    >> The sh module looks intersting, but it's not supported for Windows
    >> platforms.

    > "The X module looks interesting but it's not supported for Windows" is
    > true for many values of X. It's all part of the TCO of using a
    > brain-dead operating system.

    If I write server side code, then I choose my server and my OS, so I
    won't encounter Windows

    Unfortunately most the customers won't let me choose their client
    hardware / client OS.

    Thus I decide to write my applications cross platform whenever possible
    and try to choose libraries accordingly.

    Gelonida N, Oct 29, 2012
  4. Gelonida N

    Roy Smith Guest

    In article <>,
    Gelonida N <> wrote:

    > On 10/29/2012 02:10 PM, Roy Smith wrote:
    > > In article <>,
    > > Gelonida N <> wrote:
    > >
    > >> The sh module looks intersting, but it's not supported for Windows
    > >> platforms.

    > > "The X module looks interesting but it's not supported for Windows" is
    > > true for many values of X. It's all part of the TCO of using a
    > > brain-dead operating system.

    > If I write server side code, then I choose my server and my OS, so I
    > won't encounter Windows
    >
    > Unfortunately most the customers won't let me choose their client
    > hardware / client OS.
    >
    > Thus I decide to write my applications cross platform whenever possible
    > and try to choose libraries accordingly.

    The other alternative is to chose your customers better :)

    Roy Smith, Oct 29, 2012