Re: SSH Connection with Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gelonida N, Oct 29, 2012.

  1. Gelonida N

    Gelonida N Guest

    On 10/29/2012 04:18 PM, David Robinow wrote:
    > On Sun, Oct 28, 2012 at 4:09 PM, Gelonida N <> wrote:
    >> The only thing I'm concerned about paramiko is, that I don't see any
    >> activity on the paramiko site and that one library it depends on is not
    >> available is windows binary package for newer versions of python.
    >>

    > I don't understand why this is a problem.
    > \python27\python setup.py install #for pycrypto & paramiko
    > \python27\python test.py # for paramiko
    >
    > Works for me. Of course, you need Visual C++ 2008, but the free
    > express edition is sufficient, and you should have that anyway if
    > you're doing Windows development. If that's too hard for you, try
    > http://www.serenethinking.com/bitlift/download.html
    > [not my site, no guarantees]

    It's not a problem. It's an inconvenience.

    We're having multiple PCs. Many of the PC owners don't want to write any
    C-code and don't want to be bothered with registering at Microsoft just
    to install a module and using a library.

    Normally my preferred approach is, that somebody wanting to use any
    library, that I wrote) can install all dependencies by:

    - Installing Python
    - installing easy_install (and pip)
    and be able to install all the rest with easy_install

    Using a library, that forces users to have to install MS-VC or mingw or
    to install binaries from non-pypy sites is something I try to avoid.

    My next preferred approach would be to bundle such dependencies by
    myself, but this would involve to check all the legal stuff of each
    library to see whether this is possible or not, etc . . .

    Apart from that I consider the existence of Windows binary packages as
    kind of an indicator of the health/popularity of a package and whether
    it has been used sufficiently under Windows to be considered working
    well under Windows.

    Gelonida N, Oct 29, 2012