Re: SSH using PEXPECT

Discussion in 'Python' started by Sean DiZazzo, Sep 11, 2008.

  1. Sean DiZazzo

    Sean DiZazzo Guest

    On Sep 10, 6:04 pm, wrote:
    > Hey , I need to SSH into a server .. (10.8.42.38) using pexpect the
    > username is 'admin' and password is 'abc123' so far i have the
    > following code
    >
    > import pexpect
    > import sys
    > import time
    > import os
    >
    > foo = pexpect.spawn('ssh ad...@10.8.42.38')
    > ssh_newKey = 'Are you sure you want to continue connecting'
    >
    > foo.expect = ssh_newKey
    > foo.send = 'yes'
    > foo.expect = 'password:'
    > foo.send = 'abc123'
    >
    > --------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------
    >
    > does this look right?
    >
    > if not , could someone suggest a way to do this ..
    > your help is much appreciated

    https://svn.lal.in2p3.fr/projects/CMT/CMTManagement/utils/ssh_session.py

    I use a modified version of this. Simple and effective.

    import ssh_session
    ssh = ssh_session.ssh_session(user, host, password)
    print ssh.ssh("ls -l /tmp")

    Thanks Eric and Nigel!

    ~Sean

    Sean DiZazzo, Sep 11, 2008

  2. Sean DiZazzo

    nntpman68 Guest

    Hi,

    wrote:
    > On Sep 10, 7:01 pm, Sean DiZazzo <> wrote:

    > I am using windows and for reason it wont let me use pexpect even tho
    > I have CYGWIN installed
    >

    > I get the following error
    >
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    > File "new.py", line 1, in <module>
    > import ssh_session
    > File "C:\Python25\lib\ssh_session.py", line 7, in <module>
    > from pexpect import *
    > File "C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pexpect.py", line 85, in
    > <module>
    > support it. Pexpect is intended for UNIX-like operating
    > systems.""")
    > ImportError: No module named resource

    You might have cygwin installed,
    but the error mesage sems to indicatem that you don't use cygwin's
    pythonm but the normal windows python,

    You see, that it complains about pexpcet in
    C:\Python25\lib\site-packages\pexpect.py

    just open a cygwin window:

    then cd to the directory containign your script and type
    python new.py.

    you should have at least another error message

    bye

    nntpman68, Sep 13, 2008