Re: Static analysis tools

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Leslie, Oct 12, 2012.

  1. Tim Leslie

    Tim Leslie Guest

    On 12 October 2012 04:25, Dan Stromberg <> wrote:

    > I'm familiar with pylint, and have recently played with pyflakes and flake8.
    > I've also heard of pychecker.
    >
    > Are there others, perhaps including some that aren't written in Python, but
    > still check Python?

    Another one I've found useful for stylistic checking is pep8:

    https://github.com/jcrocholl/pep8

    I find it to be complementary to the types of checks performed by
    pylint and use both of them in tandem on large projects I work on.

    Cheers,

    Tim

    Tim Leslie, Oct 12, 2012