  1. Paul Smedley

    Paul Smedley Guest

    Hi Shmuel,

    http://smedley.id.au/tmp/perl-5.16.3-os2-20130519.zip
    Paul Smedley, Jun 18, 2013

  2. Paul Smedley

    KO Myung-Hun Guest

    Hi/2.

    Paul Smedley wrote:
    > Hi Shmuel,
    >
    > On 18/06/13 02:14, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    >> The perldelta for 5.18 suggests that if nobody is actively working on
    >> Perl for OS/2 then the Perl developers may drop the OS/2 related code.
    >> I'm currently using Perl 5.10; Perl 5.14 had path rewriter issues and
    >> I'm not aware of a more recent build for OS/2. Is anybody in the OS/2
    >> community working on Perl 5.16 or 5.18, and, if so, have they made
    >> themselves known to the Perl developers?

    > http://smedley.id.au/tmp/perl-5.16.3-os2-20130519.zip

    This version has corrupted os2ish.h and os2thread.h. They seems to be
    just a symbolic link.

    --
    KO Myung-Hun

    Using Mozilla SeaMonkey 2.7.2
    Under OS/2 Warp 4 for Korean with FixPak #15
    In VirtualBox v4.1.24 on Intel Core i7-3615QM 2.30GHz with 8GB RAM

    Korean OS/2 User Community : http://www.ecomstation.co.kr
    KO Myung-Hun, Jun 18, 2013

  3. Paul Smedley

    Paul Smedley Guest

    On 18/06/13 21:07, KO Myung-Hun wrote:
    > Hi/2.
    >
    > Paul Smedley wrote:
    >> Hi Shmuel,
    >>
    >> On 18/06/13 02:14, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz wrote:
    >>> The perldelta for 5.18 suggests that if nobody is actively working on
    >>> Perl for OS/2 then the Perl developers may drop the OS/2 related code.
    >>> I'm currently using Perl 5.10; Perl 5.14 had path rewriter issues and
    >>> I'm not aware of a more recent build for OS/2. Is anybody in the OS/2
    >>> community working on Perl 5.16 or 5.18, and, if so, have they made
    >>> themselves known to the Perl developers?

    >> http://smedley.id.au/tmp/perl-5.16.3-os2-20130519.zip
    >>

    > This version has corrupted os2ish.h and os2thread.h. They seems to be
    > just a symbolic link.

    I can zip them up for you if you need them - they are probably unchanged
    from Perl 5.14 or 5.10 tho
    Paul Smedley, Jun 29, 2013
  4. Paul Smedley

    KO Myung-Hun Guest

    Paul Smedley wrote:
    > On 18/06/13 21:07, KO Myung-Hun wrote:
    >> Hi/2.
    >>
    >> Paul Smedley wrote:
    >>> Hi Shmuel,

    >>> http://smedley.id.au/tmp/perl-5.16.3-os2-20130519.zip
    >>>

    >> This version has corrupted os2ish.h and os2thread.h. They seems to be
    >> just a symbolic link.
    >>

    > I can zip them up for you if you need them - they are probably unchanged
    > from Perl 5.14 or 5.10 tho

    It's not just for me. Anyone who tries to compile CPAN modules, will
    fails because of this.

    It would be better to distribute the fixed build.

    KO Myung-Hun, Jul 1, 2013