Re: Stop IFrame Click Sound

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Patrice, Jul 12, 2004.

  1. Patrice

    Patrice Guest

    This is likely some kind of user setting that the user enabled when browsing
    to another page (control panel, sounds ?).
    You *are* browsing to a new page when making the iframe point to a new page.

    Patrice

    --

    "MLibby" <> a écrit dans le message de
    > I'm automatically chaging an IFrame's href to show display multiple pages.

    However everytime the href changes and a new page displays then the user
    gets an anoying click sound. Its almost as if the user browsed to another
    page. How do I get rid of this click sound?

    Patrice, Jul 12, 2004

  2. Thanks for your response. I am unable to instruct users to change their IE settings in order to turn their sound off. I need to somehow disable the sound via javascript or someother way. Please let me know if anyone knows how to do this.

    Kind regards,
    Mike

    =?Utf-8?B?TUxpYmJ5?=, Jul 14, 2004

  3. Hi Mike,

    Thanks for the followup. As for the clicking sound, based on my research,
    there is no such response headers or javascript which can do to turn off
    the clicking sound since it need to touch the user's client side setting.
    In addition, here is a faq I found and it has provide some solutions:

    http://www.winnetmag.com/Article/ArticleID/24655/24655.html

    Regards,

    Steven Cheng
    Microsoft Online Support

    Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security
    rights.)

    Get Preview at ASP.NET whidbey

    Steven Cheng[MSFT], Jul 15, 2004
  4. Steven Cheng is a Microsoft employee, and if you need any more confirmation,
    I can assure you that he is correct. In addition, if you go into your
    Control Panel Sounds, you can change the sound for yourself, and thereby
    confirm it for yourself. Or Google it. Well, now, wait a second. You did say
    "absolute." I guess you're going to have to decompile Internet Explorer. ;-)

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "MLibby" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Steven,
    >
    > Thanks for your response! We've got a lot riding on IFrames. How can I

    get absolute confirmation that the IFrame new page click can't be
    programmatically removed through javascript, in the browser, or another way
    without having the user adjust their internet browser settings?

    Kevin Spencer, Jul 15, 2004