Re: strang thing:

Discussion in 'Python' started by Chris Angelico, Sep 6, 2011.

  1. 2011/9/6 守株待兔 <>:
    >     file = open(filename,'r')

    > when i  add    (date,open,high,low,close,vol,adjclose) = (row[0], row[1],

    You're assigning to the name "open", which is shadowing the built-in
    of the same name. The second time through the loop, you're not calling
    the usual open() function, you're trying to call your string. That's
    what your error is telling you.

    Hope that helps!

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Sep 6, 2011

  2. Chris Angelico

    W. eWatson Guest

    Re: strange thing:

    CA, Did you respond to my off-NG msg about FORTRAN? Perhaps it's caught
    in my spam on the net.
    W. eWatson, Sep 7, 2011

  3. Re: strange thing:

    On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM, W. eWatson <> wrote:
    > CA, Did you respond to my off-NG msg about FORTRAN? Perhaps it's caught in
    > my spam on the net.

    No, I didn't; as someone else pointed out, you'll get better results
    asking on a dedicated Fortran list.

    ChrisA
    Chris Angelico, Sep 7, 2011
  4. Chris Angelico

    W. eWatson Guest

    Re: strange thing:

    On 9/6/2011 7:48 PM, Chris Angelico wrote:
    > On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:43 PM, W. eWatson<> wrote:
    >> CA, Did you respond to my off-NG msg about FORTRAN? Perhaps it's caught in
    >> my spam on the net.

    > No, I didn't; as someone else pointed out, you'll get better results
    > asking on a dedicated Fortran list.
    >
    > ChrisA

    OK.
    W. eWatson, Sep 7, 2011