Re: struts - html form field using an array

Discussion in 'Java' started by Wendy S, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. Wendy S

    Wendy S Guest

    David Thielen wrote:

    > I have a jsp page where I want to display N items where I get the N
    > items from the database. I need to display and edit field with each
    > item. Whats the best way to do this in struts?

    Do you have to display _and_ edit them all on one page? Or can you list
    them and have an 'edit' link to a page where you edit just one record at a
    time? The second way is easier.

    If you need the first description, check out indexed properties and nested
    tags. Google for Monkey Struts, there's a neat example webapp out there.

    I believe that example can be duplicated with JSTL rather than the nested
    taglib, but I haven't tried.

    If that still doesn't do it, post more info. What are these "items" that
    you have N of? Is there only one field per item to be edited or many

    Are you using Struts 1.1?

    Wendy in Chandler, AZ
    Wendy S, Aug 7, 2003