Re: subclassable types

Discussion in 'Python' started by Wolfgang Maier, Feb 24, 2013.

  1. > The complete list of types classes that *cannot* be subclassed is:

    > <class 'builtin_function_or_method'>
    > <class 'code'>
    > <class 'frame'>
    > <class 'function'>
    > <class 'generator'>
    > <class 'getset_descriptor'>
    > <class 'function'>
    > <class 'mappingproxy'>
    > <class 'member_descriptor'>
    > <class 'method'>
    > <class 'traceback'>
    > <class 'range'>
    > <class 'memoryview'>
    > <class 'slice'>
    > <class 'bool'>
    >
    > of these range, memoryview, slice and bool are the only ones in builtins.

    I am sorry,
    but again I forgot to say which Python version I'm referring to:
    I used Python 3.3 :)

    Having such a list in the docs somewhere, is certainly a good idea.

    Cheers,
    Wolfgang
    Wolfgang Maier, Feb 24, 2013