To:
------------------------------
From: (e-mail address removed)
To: (e-mail address removed)
Subject: Hello!

This Still DOESN't Work!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's just adding the "From" "To" "Subject" in the message itself. I want
to have each field at the correct place and then just the msg in the
body.

Any Help?? Thanks

Emile Boudreau

I'm trying to send mail from my server to my machine with test
results. I can send the email no problem however, the email doesn't
contain a "recipient list" or a "subject line". I was wondering how
would I go about getting the information on the actual "To" and
"Subject" lines so that I know to whom the email was sent and the
subject line without opening the email?

you have to add the headers yourself. see the example in the library
reference, or this FAQ entry:

http://effbot.org/pyfaq/how-do-i-send-mail-from-a-python-script

</F>

This message may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you may not use, copy, disseminate or distribute it; do not open any attachments, delete it immediately from your system and notify the sender promptly by e-mail that you have done so. Thank you.

I'm not sure what the problem is. But here's how we do it at my place
of work:

import smtplib
import string

def sendMail(subject, body, TO = "(e-mail address removed)",
FROM="(e-mail address removed)"):
HOST = "mailserver"
BODY = string.join((
"From: %s" % FROM,