Re: Submit with username and password

Discussion in 'HTML' started by brucie, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. brucie

    brucie Guest

    In post <0FUUa.84017$>
    Nobody said...

    action="http://username:p_site.com/search/search.asp" method="post">

    --
    brucie a. blackford. 28/July/2003 08:47:23 am kilo.
    http://loser.brucies.com/

    brucie, Jul 27, 2003

  2. brucie

    Nobody Guest

    "brucie" <> wrote in message
    > In post <0FUUa.84017$>
    > Nobody said...
    >
    > > I'm trying to tie in a wholeseller's search utility in a client's site.

    The
    > > only problem is that you have to log into the wholeseller's site to be

    able
    > > to search it. What I need to do is to be able to have a customer click

    the
    > > submit button and have a script (or whatever) submit the username and
    > > password
    > > <FORM id=form2 name=form2
    > > action=http://www.wholesellers_site.com/search/search.asp method=post>

    action="http://username:p_site.com/search/search.asp
    " method="post">

    > --
    > brucie a. blackford. 28/July/2003 08:47:23 am kilo.
    > http://loser.brucies.com/

    I left a step out of the equation that makes it more difficult. I'll try to
    explain it below:
    From the wholeseller's site, you first have to log in.
    Then you are sent to the actual search page (also in asp).

    What we are trying to accomplish is for the retail consumer to visit my
    client's page and be able to access the current inventory and retail pricing
    of the same. But I'm trying to figure out how to do it without requiring
    them to go to the wholeseller's site (thus permitting them to contact the
    wholeseller directly - for anyone interested, it's a diamond wholeseller).

    When I saw that Brucie had replied, I thought my problem was solved :) But,
    I guess I should have expressed the problem more completely first. Brucie's
    method wouldn't work even when I tries to run an exact copy of the login
    page from the wholeseller locally. Can the wholeseller's host have some type
    of authentication set up to verify the origin of the login? If so, I may be
    up the proverbial creek.

    Nobody

    Nobody, Jul 28, 2003