Re: Subprocess puzzle and two questions

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dennis Lee Bieber, Nov 14, 2012.

  1. On Tue, 13 Nov 2012 22:34:55 -0500, declaimed the following
    in gmane.comp.python.general:

    > However, if I try the same operation in the python interpreter using subprocess.Popen like so:

    <snip>

    > I get three digits, BUT that third digit isn't real, the format operation has simply appended a zero. So:
    >
    > 1) how can I recover that third digit from the subprocess?
    > 2) is there a more pythonic way to do what I'm trying to do?

    Python doesn't do anything to the data passed... How could it? It
    doesn't know what the spawned program is going to produce.

    What is more likely is that your system's implementation of "time"
    detects that it is NOT connected to a console and IT is changing the
    formatting that it outputs.
    --
    Wulfraed Dennis Lee Bieber AF6VN
    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/