Re: Sudden doubling of nearly all messages

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Angel, Jul 21, 2012.

  1. Dave Angel

    Dave Angel Guest

    On 07/21/2012 07:05 AM, Andrew Berg wrote:
    > On 7/21/2012 5:48 AM, Dave Angel wrote:
    >> Has anybody else noticed the sudden double-posting of nearly all
    >> messages in the python mailing list?

    > I am also using the mailing list, but I haven't experienced this.

    Well, my own message was doubled, but not your reply.

    When I look at the message sources, they definitely are different. The
    one looks to me like an ordinary email. The other is much longer, but I
    don't claim to know what all the fields mean.

    One pair of fields that looks interesting is:

    .... X-Original-To:
    .... Delivered-To:

    I sent to , and when I do a reply-all that's what
    gets filled in. But what about the other address?

    The pervasive doubling just started in the last day or two; I saw 50
    new messages overnight, between about 10pm and 4am, EDT. I haven't
    changed any settings on purpose, and the only new software is whatever
    the Linux update manager changes.

    --

    DaveA

    Dave Angel, Jul 21, 2012