Re: Sudden doubling of nearly all messages

Discussion in 'Python' started by Dave Angel, Jul 21, 2012.

  1. Dave Angel

    Dave Angel Guest

    On 07/21/2012 06:48 AM, Dave Angel wrote:
    > Has anybody else noticed the sudden double-posting of nearly all
    > messages in the python mailing list?
    >
    > Previously, I've seen some messages double posted, and it was nearly
    > always a newbie, presumably posting via some low-end gateway. But now
    > i'm noticing nearly every message appears twice, identical datestamps,
    > and usually one message considered a reply to the other.
    >
    > Deleting these locally is not only a pain, but if I get the wrong one,
    > it messes up the threading.
    >
    > I'm using Thunderbird 14.0 on Linux 11.04, with mail configured for
    > non-digest mode. I read the messages in threaded mode.
    >
    > Probably related, I've had a serious spate of messages are obvious Re:
    > types, but not threaded to the original set. I'm guessing because it's
    > because I earlier deleted one of a pair.

    Well, since nobody else (so far) saw it, and I don't see it any more
    (except for messages from a relatively few individuals), I'll drop it.

    Sorry for the noise.

    --

    DaveA

    Dave Angel, Jul 21, 2012