Re: suggesting a launcher wrapper script for portable python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Thomas Jollans, Aug 12, 2012.

  1. On 08/12/2012 02:49 AM, Gelonida N wrote:

    > One minor drawback of my suggested script would be, that a console
    > window pops up for a few seconds when starting a .pyw file.

    (I'm no expert but) This should be avoidable if you use the Windows
    Script Host instead of DOS command scripts to write the launchers.
    I.e. use JScript or VBScript to do exactly the same thing. I don't know
    much about Windows shortcut (*.lnk) files; if they can contain relative
    paths, you could just create shortcuts that launch portable python with
    the script.

    Thomas
    Thomas Jollans, Aug 12, 2012