Re: suggesting a launcher wrapper script for portable python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Gelonida N, Aug 13, 2012.

  1. Gelonida N

    Gelonida N Guest

    On 08/12/2012 09:52 PM, Mark Lawrence wrote:
    > On 12/08/2012 01:49, Gelonida N wrote:
    >>

    >> I think it would be great if the official portable python release
    >> contained some upport for launching scripts.
    >> Perhaps it exists alrady and I just didn't find it?
    >>
    >> If not,then I wouldn't mind if my script or a similiar sand a related
    >> README.txt cript were added to the official release
    >>

    > This might be a complete waste of time but can you use the new windows
    > launcher described here http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0397/ ???

    This might be interesting and I have to read a little more.

    However on a very first glance I'd assume it had to be stalled on the
    PC, so it would not really be a portable solution (meaning self
    contained on a USB key),that can be executed on any WIndows host.

    Gelonida N, Aug 13, 2012