Re: SUN challenges Microsoft

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Phrederik, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Phrederik

    Phrederik Guest

    "Trevor" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > CNN announces that SUN is developing browser software.
    >

    > Since Microsoft draws a lot of hate mail, I thought people might like

    this:

    > http://us.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/09/16/sun.java.ap/index.html

    Why would it be cheaper to rent Sun's OS at $50 per year, when I can buy
    MS's OS one time and use it for five years + ?

    Also, we already know that Java is a dead language. Sun can't even keep it's
    JVM compatible between versions. That's what I want in an OS -
    INCOMPATIBILITY!

    Phrederik, Sep 16, 2003

  2. Phrederik

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Phrederik wrote:

    > Also, we already know that Java is a dead language. Sun can't even keep
    > it's JVM compatible between versions. That's what I want in an OS -
    > INCOMPATIBILITY!

    Java is very much alive. Maybe not on the Web in the form of applets, but
    elsewhere (embedded systems etc) Java is doing a great job.

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Sep 16, 2003

  3. Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Phrederik wrote:
    >
    >> Also, we already know that Java is a dead language.

    > Java is very much alive. Maybe not on the Web in the form of applets, but
    > elsewhere (embedded systems etc) Java is doing a great job.

    And also on the server. e.g. JSP.

    >> Sun can't even keep
    >> it's JVM compatible between versions. That's what I want in an OS -
    >> INCOMPATIBILITY!

    Ever tried compiling a VB6 app in VB3? Or vice versa?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Sep 17, 2003
  4. Phrederik

    Trevor Guest

    "Phrederik" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message news:<fGL9b.6796$CU3.6218@pd7tw3no>...
    > "Trevor" <> wrote in message
    > > CNN announces that SUN is developing browser software.
    > >

    > > Since Microsoft draws a lot of hate mail, I thought people might like

    > this:
    > >
    > > http://us.cnn.com/2003/TECH/biztech/09/16/sun.java.ap/index.html

    > Why would it be cheaper to rent Sun's OS at $50 per year, when I can buy
    > MS's OS one time and use it for five years + ?
    >
    > Also, we already know that Java is a dead language. Sun can't even keep it's
    > JVM compatible between versions. That's what I want in an OS -
    > INCOMPATIBILITY!

    I posted only since I hear so many berate MS software. I thought
    people would be comforted by the fact that SUN is offering something
    similar to IE.

    Trevor, Sep 17, 2003