Re: Swing

Discussion in 'Java' started by markspace, Aug 13, 2012.

  1. markspace

    markspace Guest

    To: bob smith
    From: markspace <-@.>

    On 8/13/2012 8:04 AM, bob smith wrote:
    > Is Swing still pretty much the standard for Java graphics? Or has it
    > finally been replaced by something better?

    Swing is still your only real choice, as far as I know. JavaFX is up can
    coming, but to quote Gertrude Stein, "there is no there there."

    JavaFX appears to only be about half baked; you can do some things with it,
    but not everything Swing can do. It's not really a mature platform yet. Still
    worth knowing about for a Java developer, as Oracle could make it ready just
    about any time now.

    --- BBBS/Li6 v4.10 Dada-1
    * Origin: Prism bbs (1:261/38)
    --- Synchronet 3.16a-Win32 NewsLink 1.98
    markspace, Aug 13, 2012