Re: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeo

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Karl Seguin, Apr 14, 2005.

  1. Karl Seguin

    Karl Seguin Guest

    There's a difference between a connection timeout (how long before trying to
    open the connection to fail) and command timeout (how long to execute a
    commant before failing...)

    Karl

    --
    MY ASP.Net tutorials
    annoying)
    "phil" <> wrote in message
    > According to the documentation for SqlConnection.ConnectionString the

    value
    > supplied is in seconds. However, I'm having the same problem and

    increasing
    > the value doesn't solve the problem.
    >
    > "Chinmay" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Deepak,
    > >
    > > Try to set it to say 12000 in your connection string. if it works fine

    than
    > > try to make it 6000.
    > >
    > > Chinmay Patel
    > >
    > > "Deepak" wrote:
    > >
    > > > When i am using the Sqlserver with Asp.net i am getting this problem:
    > > >
    > > > System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout

    period
    > > > elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not

    responding.
    Karl Seguin, Apr 14, 2005