Re: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path <file> is denied. (framework 1.1)

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by S. Justin Gengo, Jul 14, 2003.

  1. Anton,

    Try giving the "ASPNET" user account permissions to the folder the file is
    in. (Or to the file itself depending on your needs.)

    Justin

    "Anton ml. Vahèiè" <-lj.si> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to access a file under new studio (Studio .net 2003) in my

    aspx
    > application (under Microsoft Windows Sever 2003 - enterprise edition).
    >
    > I have tried with FileIOPermissions, but no good... I use
    > System.IO.FileStream for loading file. I always get message:
    >
    > ---
    > System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path
    > "C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Nihongo\VadenjeGlagolov\Seznam japonskih
    > glagolov.2003.05.03.xml" is denied.
    > ----
    >
    > Question is of course where I do it wrong? I have to set this in my

    program

    S. Justin Gengo, Jul 14, 2003