Re: Table height property

Discussion in 'HTML' started by EightNineThree, Jul 7, 2003.

  1. "Clawe" <> wrote in message
    > Hello
    >
    > I have problems with nonIE browsers which ignore my height property in
    > table definition. I know that this property is illegal in HTML 4.0
    > specyfication but in IE it's working.
    >
    > For example
    > width="760" height="100%">
    >
    > In IE this code show a table which height is from top to bottom of browser
    > window even when there is no text or graphics and that is what I need. In
    > other browsers (like Opera) the table is as height as text or graphisc in
    > it.
    >
    > I heard that I can do this (in Opera) with css files but I can't find
    > anything about it. Could anyone help me.

    It works in IE because IE sucks.
    Another thing, it only works in IE when there is no DTD. Put a Doctype in
    the document (and you should be using one anyway) and it no longer works in
    IE, either.

    I have not seen any 100% height work reliablt, whether it was controlled by
    HTML or CSS

    The only thing you can do is give off the impression that you're filling the
    screen.
    That's done by NOT marrying yourself to some box-design and using your
    background color/ image to give the impression that you're filling the
    screen.

    --
    Karl Core

    Charles Sweeney says my sig is fine as it is.

    EightNineThree, Jul 7, 2003