Re: Tables and divisions changed

Discussion in 'HTML' started by Chaddy2222, Sep 19, 2008.

  1. Chaddy2222

    Chaddy2222 Guest

    On Sep 19, 11:22 am, richard <> wrote:
    > http://1littleworld.com/table101.html
    >
    > Once more I redesigned the little excercise to show using divisions
    > instead of tables. At the bottom I show a mini website first as a
    > table, then as a division.
    >
    > Do note I try to point out that using tables is not a good idea for
    > presentation.
    >
    > And to you chad, STFU. As I have used fixed width's in pixels for a
    > reason. If you don't understand the reasoning, then kindly refrain
    > from replying as I will not reply to your cheap flames.

    To be honest I don't give a shit what you do.
    I mean if you want to mess up your sites and do extra work when it is
    not really needed then it is not my problem.

    Chaddy2222, Sep 19, 2008

  2. Chaddy2222

    Lanmind Guest

    On Sep 18, 6:41 pm, Chaddy2222 <spamlovermailbox-
    > wrote:
    > On Sep 19, 11:22 am, richard <> wrote:
    >
    > >http://1littleworld.com/table101.html

    > > Once more I redesigned the little excercise to show using divisions
    > > instead of tables. At the bottom I show a mini website first as a
    > > table, then as a division.

    > > Do note I try to point out that using tables is not a good idea for
    > > presentation.

    > > And to you chad, STFU. As I have used fixed width's in pixels for a
    > > reason. If you don't understand the reasoning, then kindly refrain
    > > from replying as I will not reply to your cheap flames.

    > To be honest I don't give a shit what you do.
    > I mean if you want to mess up your sites and do extra work when it is
    > not really needed then it is not my problem.
    > --
    > Regards Chad.http://freewebdesignonline.org

    Right now I refuse to use tables! : ) It's tough but I'm just learning
    anyways.

    Lanmind, Sep 19, 2008

  3. Lanmind wrote:

    > Right now I refuse to use tables! : ) It's tough but I'm just learning
    > anyways.

    Well, that can be a little wrong-headed. Use tables where they are
    appropriate, and not where they are not. It is a common misconception
    that to use CSS mean never use a table.

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Jonathan N. Little, Sep 19, 2008
  4. Chaddy2222

    Lanmind Guest

    On Sep 19, 7:35 am, "Jonathan N. Little" <> wrote:
    > Lanmind wrote:
    > > Right now I refuse to use tables! : ) It's tough but I'm just learning
    > > anyways.

    > Well, that can be a little wrong-headed. Use tables where they are
    > appropriate, and not where they are not. It is a common misconception
    > that to use CSS mean never use a table.
    >
    > --
    > Take care,
    >
    > Jonathan
    > -------------------
    > LITTLE WORKS STUDIOhttp://www.LittleWorksStudio.com

    Oh yes I'd forgotten. Tables are appropriate for tabular data.

    Lanmind, Sep 20, 2008
  5. Chaddy2222

    dorayme Guest

    In article
    <>,
    Lanmind <> wrote:

    > Oh yes I'd forgotten. Tables are appropriate for tabular data.

    They are appropriate in a practical sense for whenever you will do even
    worse without them for laying out a grid while ever so many people still
    use IE6 and even 7. This is a little undocumented secret and I let you
    in on it.

    --
    dorayme

    dorayme, Sep 20, 2008