Re: tables behave wierdly

Discussion in 'HTML' started by richard, Sep 9, 2010.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 04:24:01 -0700 (PDT), rudra wrote:

    > Dear friends,
    > I am not vary familiar to html, but managed to wrote one, which
    > behaves as expected in firefox.
    > please have a look at
    > http://bose.res.in/~rudra/aboutme.html
    >
    > But when I tried to view the same in any other browser(IE,chrome or
    > safari) the left hand columns are looking a mess.
    > there is no fancy thing like java or css...plain html-transitional
    > developed with quanta
    > where is the problem?
    > i donot think posting the code is helpful as the tables contains
    > picture, still i am posting a short one.

    Using a table for this presentation is ancient history.
    You should use <Div> for the layout.
    A two column layout with floated divisions for starters.
    Then subdivide those with the other information.

    follow the example and insert the other column information.

    richard, Sep 9, 2010