Re: Tcp/ip programs in python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jp Calderone, Jan 30, 2004.

  1. Jp Calderone

    Jp Calderone Guest

    Jp Calderone, Jan 30, 2004

  2. Jp Calderone <> wrote in
    news::

    > On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 06:27:45PM -0000, M.Dikmen wrote:
    >> Do you now a source about socket programming in python? or some source
    >> codes, demo programs? i really need them
    >>

    > In order of increasing relevance:

    not to forget the python documentation that is also on your harddisk...
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/socket-example.html

    and also http://www.amk.ca/python/howto/sockets/ (found on
    http://www.python.org/doc/)

    --
    Chris <>
    Chris Liechti, Jan 30, 2004

  3. Jp Calderone wrote:

    > On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 06:27:45PM -0000, M.Dikmen wrote:
    >
    >>Do you now a source about socket programming in python? or some source
    >>codes, demo programs? i really need them
    >>

    > In order of increasing relevance:
    >
    > http://www.google.com/
    >
    > http://www.vex.net/parnassus/
    >
    > http://www.twistedmatrix.com/

    I always found http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-socket.html
    to be quite useful for the background and
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-asyncore.html for the
    actual implementation.

    - Josiah
    Josiah Carlson, Jan 30, 2004
  4. Jp Calderone

    Jp Calderone Guest

    On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 12:46:25PM -0800, Josiah Carlson wrote:
    > Jp Calderone wrote:
    >
    > >On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 06:27:45PM -0000, M.Dikmen wrote:
    > >
    > >>Do you now a source about socket programming in python? or some source
    > >>codes, demo programs? i really need them
    > >>

    > > In order of increasing relevance:
    > >
    > > http://www.google.com/
    > >
    > > http://www.vex.net/parnassus/
    > >
    > > http://www.twistedmatrix.com/

    > I always found http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-socket.html
    > to be quite useful for the background and
    > http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-asyncore.html for the
    > actual implementation.

    Those are decent sources as well, though neither provides much in the way
    of "source codes" or "demo programs". If I had to choose just one, it would
    be _UNIX Network Programming_, you know the one I mean. Fortunately, there
    is no such limitation.

    Jp
    Jp Calderone, Jan 31, 2004