Re: TDD doesn't suck

Discussion in 'Java' started by Christopher Benson-Manica, Aug 10, 2006.

  1. Phlip <> wrote:

    (WRT TDD in Java)

    > TDD currently props up much of the development in an otherwise sucky
    > language. The language's low quality requires the high quality of TDD just
    > to break even.

    Perhaps you'd like to take your opinions regarding what makes Java
    "sucky" to a different venue? (Followups set to
    comp.lang.java.programmer, if you're so inclined.)

    Christopher Benson-Manica, Aug 10, 2006

  2. Christopher Benson-Manica <> writes:
    > Phlip <> wrote:
    >
    > (WRT TDD in Java)
    >
    >> TDD currently props up much of the development in an otherwise sucky
    >> language. The language's low quality requires the high quality of TDD just
    >> to break even.

    > Perhaps you'd like to take your opinions regarding what makes Java
    > "sucky" to a different venue? (Followups set to
    > comp.lang.java.programmer, if you're so inclined.)

    I've set followups back to comp.lang.c.

    Whatever you may think of the topicality or appropriateness of Phlip's
    posting, he was smart enough *not* post a statement that Java is
    "sucky" to comp.lang.java.programmer. You, however, chose to quote
    that statement and dump it into that newsgroup. This is inappropriate
    and trollish. One might assume you're trying to start a flame war; I
    hope the folks in cljp don't take you up on it.

    Keith Thompson, Aug 10, 2006