Re: technologies synergistic with Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Tim Chase, Sep 22, 2012.

  1. Tim Chase

    Tim Chase Guest

    On 09/21/12 17:33, Rodrick Brown wrote:
    >> What is the consensus... okay, okay -- what are some wide
    >> ranging opinions on technologies that I should know if my dream
    >> job is one that consists mostly of Python, and might allow
    >> telecommuting?

    > Django, JavaScript, HTML 5, JQuery, , SQL, Redis, Twisted

    The only thing I might tweak in Rodrick's list is to broaden entries
    like "Django" to "a web framework such as Django, Pyramid, web.py,
    or ..." and "Redis" to "a NoSQL database such as Redis, CouchDB, ..."

    The others are pretty solid, even if I dislike JavaScript/ECMAScript
    as a language, jQuery makes it tolerable, it's the lingua-franca of
    the web.

    -tkc

    Tim Chase, Sep 22, 2012