Re: telnet to Cognex In-Sight 4001 camera

Discussion in 'Python' started by chris.annin@gmail.com, Feb 25, 2013.

  1. Guest

    yes, ive connected successfully using hyperterminal after I login it asks for user and I type admin press enter then it ask for password and type password press enter and it all works fine. using python ive tried ending both with "\n" and "\r\n" im thoroughly confused

    On Monday, February 25, 2013 11:24:22 AM UTC-8, square.steve wrote:
    > At the risk of stating the blindingly obvious, have you run a 'real' telnet session to see what  a successful conversation looks like? Might give you some useful pointers for your debug session.
    >

    > Steve
    >

    > Sent from a Galaxy far, far away....

    Code:
    [color=green][color=darkred]
    > "Welcome to In-Sight(R) 4001 Session 1\r\nUser:"[color=green][color=darkred]
    > Traceback (most recent call last):
    >   File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
    >   File "C:\Python27\lib\telnetlib.py", line 319,
    >     return self.read_very_lazy()
    >   File "C:\Python27\lib\telnetlib.py", line 395,
    >     raise EOFError, 'telnet connection closed'
    > EOFError: telnet connection closed[color=green][color=darkred]
    > [\code]
    >
    > if i do a read_all instead of read_until for user I just get "..." returned.  Im assuming tn.write command isnt working?  any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > thank you
    >
    > Chris

    , Feb 25, 2013