Re: Templating

Discussion in 'Java' started by markspace, Aug 12, 2009.

  1. markspace

    markspace Guest

    Spud wrote:
    > We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
    > don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit more
    > MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know there
    > are others.
    >
    > What are the most popular ways people do this?
    >
    > (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

    Java Server Pages:

    http://www.javapassion.com/j2ee/#JSP_Basics

    markspace, Aug 12, 2009

  2. markspace

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    markspace wrote:
    > Spud wrote:
    >> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
    >> don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit
    >> more MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know
    >> there are others.
    >>
    >> What are the most popular ways people do this?
    >>
    >> (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

    > Java Server Pages:
    >
    > http://www.javapassion.com/j2ee/#JSP_Basics

    That is a rather general answer to a rather specific
    question.

    Arne

    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 12, 2009

  3. markspace

    markspace Guest

    Arne Vajhøj wrote:
    > markspace wrote:
    >> Spud wrote:
    >>> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic
    >>> designers don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can
    >>> be a bit more MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and
    >>> taglibs. I know there are others.
    >>>
    >>> What are the most popular ways people do this?
    >>>
    >>> (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

    >> Java Server Pages:
    >>
    >> http://www.javapassion.com/j2ee/#JSP_Basics

    > That is a rather general answer to a rather specific
    > question.

    Yeah, I managed to miss the part where he mentions already using JSPs.
    I thought he was just starting out with web apps. Mea culpa.

    markspace, Aug 12, 2009
  4. markspace

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Arne Vajh?j wrote:

    > markspace wrote:
    >> Spud wrote:
    >>> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
    >>> don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit more
    >>> MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know there
    >>> are others.
    >>>
    >>> What are the most popular ways people do this?
    >>>
    >>> (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

    >> Java Server Pages:
    >>
    >> http://www.javapassion.com/j2ee/#JSP_Basics

    > That is a rather general answer to a rather specific question.

    General and also incorrect. The OP is already using JSP - he needs
    something to smoothen its edges.

    tom

    --
    SAWING CHASING CRUNCHING ROBOTIC DEMOLITION

    Tom Anderson, Aug 12, 2009