Re: Templating

Discussion in 'Java' started by Tom Anderson, Aug 12, 2009.

  1. Tom Anderson

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Spud wrote:

    > We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers don't
    > have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit more MVC-ish.
    > I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know there are others.
    >
    > What are the most popular ways people do this?

    Apache Wicket:

    http://wicket.apache.org/

    > (Not necessarily the best, just the most popular).

    Aw shoot.

    tom

    --
    SAWING CHASING CRUNCHING ROBOTIC DEMOLITION
    Tom Anderson, Aug 12, 2009

  2. Tom Anderson

    Arne Vajhøj Guest

    Tom Anderson wrote:
    > On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Spud wrote:
    >> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
    >> don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit
    >> more MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know
    >> there are others.
    >>
    >> What are the most popular ways people do this?

    > Apache Wicket:
    >
    > http://wicket.apache.org/

    You liked it?

    Arne
    Arne Vajhøj, Aug 13, 2009

  3. Tom Anderson

    Tom Anderson Guest

    On Wed, 12 Aug 2009, Arne Vajh?j wrote:

    > Tom Anderson wrote:
    >> On Tue, 11 Aug 2009, Spud wrote:
    >>> We're looking for a way to do web page templates, so graphic designers
    >>> don't have to work around code in our JSPs, and so we can be a bit more
    >>> MVC-ish. I've looked at Freemarker, Velocity, and taglibs. I know there
    >>> are others.
    >>>
    >>> What are the most popular ways people do this?

    >> Apache Wicket:
    >>
    >> http://wicket.apache.org/

    > You liked it?

    I haven't done enough with it yet to dislike it!

    tom

    --
    blackguard, coward, git, guttersnipe, hooligan, ignoramus, liar, rat,
    swine, stoolpigeon, and traitor
    Tom Anderson, Aug 13, 2009